Fire update: keeping you safe in your home
In light of the tragic event at Grenfell Tower in London, we want to reassure you that fire safety is a priority for us.
We work closely with local fire authorities and other specialist services to ensure that all our communal buildings meet all fire regulations:
- Where fitted, our qualified contractors service and maintain the communal fire alarm system and specialist fire safety equipment
- Our scheme staff and compliance officers test and check all our fire alarm systems weekly, and inspect all of the communal spaces to ensure exit routes are clear and any fire hazards are removed
- Specialist company FCS Live carry out Fire risk assessments annually
- We have a programme in place to ensure all homes in our blocks of flats have mains operated smoke alarms which we service annually, either as part of the gas service check or through our compliance team. It’s important that you test these regularly and let us know if they are not working
- We have recently checked the cladding on all our communal buildings and can confirm that they are fire retardant and meet the national building regulations.
If you live in a communal building, it’s important to be aware of the fire safety procedures in your building, as some have ‘stay put’ advice in place. You can read more about ‘stay put’ here.
Advice for your building is clearly marked on the ‘Fire action notice’ in communal areas. A reminder has also been sent to you if you live in a high-rise block along with guidance on the procedures for where you live.
You and your neighbours have an important role to play in ensuring the safety of your building. There are lots of things you can do to make your home safe, such as regularly checking your fire alarms and making sure fire exits aren’t blocked.
Click here for more ways you can keep your home safe.
If you have any questions, or would like to talk to someone about the fire safety arrangements in your home, please get in touch.