Our “new look” Resident Engagement service
We’ve been looking at ways to improve how we engage with our residents. We did a consultation by email with residents and had over 300 responses. Residents' thoughts and feedback have helped us to develop our ideas. For a summary of the feedback we received, please click here.
We’ve now finalised our plan and will launch our new look Resident Engagement service on 1 October 2016. The service will be run by Sara, Gail and Emily.
Here’s a summary of what we’ll be doing:
- We’ll engage with more of our residents, more often, to make sure we’re getting a good, diverse cross-section of your thoughts and ideas for service and business improvements. We’ll use digital means, like the website, online panels, emails, Twitter and Facebook to help us do this more effectively
- We’re disbanding our main, existing resident groups but a number of face-to-face engagement opportunities will still be available
- We’ll establish two new online panels. A scrutiny panel will look at our performance and make recommendations about how our services could be improved. A new “your view” panel will look at and monitor a programme of ‘Your view’ email campaigns. These campaigns will give residents the opportunity to give their views on different service areas
- We’re going to look at ways to involve residents in our ongoing programme of “systems” reviews. These reviews look at the way we work in different areas of the business and aim to drive out waste to help us deliver better customer service
- We’ll work closely with our Digital Inclusion Team to support residents who want to get involved but aren’t online or find it difficult to use a computer. We’ll also work closely with our Older People’s Forum to ensure older residents who are not online have the opportunity to share their views on campaigns and consultations
- We’ll raise awareness of our Browse Aloud service which reads documents on our website out loud in English and many other languages – because language shouldn’t be a barrier to engaging with us
- We’ll look at other ideas at a later date, including communicating via WhatsApp and OOVOO and establishing an online resident forum.
If you’d like to see all the detail about the changes to our Resident Engagement service, have a look here.
We’ll be recruiting residents to our new groups and panels between now and September this year and more information will be available soon about this on our website and on our Facebook page. If you’d be interested in hearing more about these opportunities, please email us or send us a Facebook message to let us know.